Friday, December 4, 2009

Rep. Welch's reply re: H.R. 510 excise tax payment schedule

December 3, 2009


Dear Mr. Nuse,


Thank you for contacting me about legislation regarding gun laws. I appreciate hearing your concerns on this issue.

As you know, Vermont has a proud tradition of hunting and sporting. Generations of Vermonters have grown up learning to own and use guns responsibly. We are also fortunate to live in a state with a low incidence of gun-related violence. Vermonters have demonstrated that when the responsibility is taken seriously, gun ownership is not a barrier to safety.

Introduced by Representative Ron Kind, H.R. 510 would change the excise tax payment schedule for firearm and ammunition manufacturers from a bi-weekly to a quarterly schedule. I am pleased to share that I am a cosponsor of this bill.

H.R. 510 was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind the next opportunity Congress has to address gun law issues. Please keep in touch, and I hope to see you soon in Vermont.



Sincerely,

PETER WELCH

Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment