Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fair Chase and the Hunt for Survival

The following is an essay I was invited to write for the Center for Humans and Nature on the question, "Does hunting make us human?" I focused in on the question, "Is hunting still important to humans in the modern era? Does it still contribute to our being human? And if so, is it a good thing?"

"...I contend that modern fair chase hunting contains a seed that could spark a transformation in our relationship to nature. I am cautiously optimistic because this love of the hunt has sparked a transformation before."
more: 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that as humans, we still have the natural instinct to hunt. As long as you are doing it in a fair way and using the meat for food, it is completely fine. I've been hunting ever since I was in middle school with my dad. It was also such a good way to have some family bonding time. http://www.nmranchproperties.com

    ReplyDelete